Join the ODU conference “Ukraine's Place in Europe” ONLINE on September 14!September 05, 2021
To mark Ukraine’s 30th independence anniversary, the OpenDoorUkraine.NL foundation will hold a hybrid conference in The Hague on Tuesday, September 14, 2021, on the theme: UKRAINE’S PLACE IN EUROPE: Achievements and Challenges after 30 years of Independence. You are welcome to join this event online via livestream.
This conference, held in cooperation with the Embassy of Ukraine in the Netherlands, to discuss both the achievements and challenges of Ukraine in becoming a state dedicated to European values of democracy, respect for the law and human rights, and whose sovereignty and territorial integrity is respected by all.
Ukrainian political analyst Olexiy Haran, professor of Comparative Politics at Kyiv-Mohyla Academy University and Research Director at the Democratic Initiatives Foundation, will deliver the keynote speech and join the discussion on political developments with:
- Bob Deen, Senior Research Fellow & Co-ordinator of the Russia and Eastern Europe Centre at Clingendael Institute
- Alexander Hug, former Principal Deputy Chief, OSCE Special Monitoring Mission (SMM) to Ukraine
- Jan Marinus Wiersma, former European Parliament member for the Dutch Labour Party PvdA and vice-president of the European Forum for Democracy and Solidarity.
- Prof. Joris Voorhoeve, Former Dutch Minister of Defence and Member of the Dutch Council of State.
This debate will be followed by an economic panel on business opportunities in Ukraine and challenges to furthering reforms and transparency. This will be discussed by:
- Oleksandr Kucherenko, director of DTEK B.V.
- Frans Lavooij, Partner in JV Galca Ltd in Lviv
- Yuri Levontuiev, Investment Officer at the Dutch entrepreneurial development bank FMO
- Irina Papusha, Chairman of Nova Poshta Supervisory Board and representative of the Ukrainian Chamber of Commerce & Industry in the Netherlands.
The live conference is already full, but you can still follow the conference online by livestream via this weblink.
(Following our live event on Tuesday morning, the Clingendael Institute of International Relations will hold a conference at the same venue in the afternoon to launch the Russian & Eastern Europe Knowledge Alliance. More information here.)